To our Hockey Community
Update 16th August 2020
We remain at present in Alert Level 2 which allows us to hold the scheduled games and trainings we have coming up with a maximum of 100 people at each individual turf. This is positive news and now we as a team all must ensure we can comply with necessary rules/restrictions we have outlined below.
- Primary Hockey games – Small Sticks Mini and Kiwi grades will be back on the turfs this coming Saturday. The new draw will have slight changes to the timings around each game and there will be 3 Kiwi Sticks games a week that need to be held on Sunday mornings on the Unison turf. The draws will be amended ready for your games this coming Saturday and Sunday. Your schools will be notified of these changes and all draws will also be found on our HBH app under draws. This will take a little time so when the draws have been amended, we will announce via Instagram and Facebook. No spectators.
- Secondary School & Intermediate games & trainings can proceed at the current Level 2 with no spectators. It is recommended that teams arrive outside the facility half and hour before games to allow the team to meet and warm up then 15 minutes before games enter the facility ready to play at the scheduled time. No spectators.
- Club Games – please maintain the routine you all followed on Saturday – thank you to all everything flowed really well. No Spectators
We ask everyone will a device to please upload the NZ Covid Tracing app and scan into the turfs on arrival. We also need a consistent tracing register of all players – Senior through to Junior so we ask every Team delegate to complete our online team tracing register either pre or post your games.
Park Island Venue
Please note we are treating Park Island turfs as two venues which allows us 100 people with no spectators on each site – it allows the two teams playing and officials and the two teams and officials scheduled on the next game to be on site and touch base as a team pre game. The main part of the pavilion and the umpire’s room will be closed sorry.
Cape Physio games – entrance and exit through pedestrian gate only from the Car Park
Big Save games – entrance is through either the gate behind the dug out for the first two teams and the rest of the day all teams to enter through the double gate at the front of the facility.
As well as the above, can we also please ask the following:
- Please follow the directions of access to the Park Island turfs, particularly around entry and exit points onto the turfs themselves and the car parking allocation. We need to ensure we adhere to the 100 people maximum on each turf and surrounding area ie car parking.
- Please follow any direction that may be given by HBHA staff, including any Volunteers helping with this at each turf.
- Make sure you follow the social distancing rules as much as is practicable.
- We have hand sanitiser units available on site. Please make sure you use it before and after your games.
- If you are unwell, please don’t come to Hockey!
- We have the NZ Covid Tracing app QR codes personalised for Park Island turf and Unison has their own – we encourage as many people as possible to register.
- While we ask people to individually register themselves on site we ask all Team Delegates to record as you all did last time the names of those in your team training via our Google Team tracing form which just ensures the Teams and the Association have a sound tracing system.
- Do not share any equipment, including face masks
- Changing rooms will be open and two have been allocated to Big Save and two to Cape Physio. Just please ensure your team does not stay any longer after their games than necessary as these are open for hand hygiene primarily.
- The pavilion will be closed sorry.
- We will send any updates or changes to all Team/School contacts and also post up on our Facebook, Instagram and Website.
As we know the situation with COVID and Lockdown levels can change quickly. If it is necessary to move to Level 3 (or 4) please note all games and training sessions will be suspended and facilities closed with immediate effect from that date of notice.
For any information or if you are unclear on any aspect above or need clarification as it is a lot to take in please email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.